NoFollow - Help
To install the extension just go to the download page, select your browser from the list and install extension from extension store. Your browser will inform you when extension is installed.
Determines the default extension behavior, you can override this in the website exceptions list.
Check for alternate robots meta tags
When searching for robots meta tag, also search for googlebot (Google), bingbot (Bing), slurp (Yahoo), msnbot (Bing),
and teoma (Ask) meta tags.
NOTE: Option affects only outlining with CSS styles, NOT the Info Box feature.
Show Info Box
You can choose from three different options:
- Never - if you wish to completely disable Info Box feature
- Always - Info Box is always shown
- Conditional - Info Box is visible only when at least one of the meta tags (noindex, nofollow) is found
Info Box Position
Select position where you wish for Info Box to appear on web pages.
Check for meta-robots tag with NoFollow content
Checks for robots meta tag with nofollow keyword.
Check for meta-robots tag with NoIndex content
Checks for robots meta tag with noindex keyword.
Remember minimised state
If this option is checked minimised state will be remembered across browser sessions and it will be synchronized in all browser tabs.
Style for links that have
rel="nofollow" attribute. Cannot be empty!
NoFollow image link
Image links that have
rel="nofollow" attribute. Uncheck if you don't want it to show.
The term "DoFollow" stands for link that does not have
rel="nofollow" attribute i.e. normal link.
NoIndex HTML tag
The Russian search engine Yandex introduced a new
<noindex> tag which prevents indexing of the content between the tags.
<noindex>Don't index this content.</noindex>
All links on pages with NoFollow meta tag
Outline style for all links on a web page which has robots meta tag with nofollow content. Uncheck if you don't want it to show.NOTE: Both nofollow and noindex can be set at the same time. This means that if you use same style properties (like outline) for both options, you will be able to see only the style that is set for "All links on pages with NoIndex meta tag" option bellow.
All links on pages with NoIndex meta tag
Outline style for all links on a web page which has robots meta tag with noindex content. Uncheck if you don't want it to show.NOTE: Both nofollow and noindex can be set at the same time. This means that if you use same style properties (like outline) for both options, you will be able to see only the style that is set for this option.
Outlines external links. External link is considered everything which is not on chema and domain that you are currently on,
so if you are on
https://www.example.com, external links will be
- nofollow link will have dotted border and red color,
- external link will have double solid border and blue color,
- and if link is both nofollow and external it will have a mix of the above two: double solid border and red color
Website Exceptions List
You need to enter domain names like this:
How to use NoFollow extension?
- Once you have the extension installed just open a webpage and if there are any nofollow links they will be outlined.
- If extension is getting in your way on some website you can just temporary disable it from the extension menu and select "Temporary Disable".
- To customize the extension go to extension options (left click on the extension button in the browser toolbar, select options)
- NOTE: When adding websites to the exceptions list, you need to enter only domain names (like this: www.example.com), don't use prefix http(s) or page names.