Image Size Info - Chrome Extension
- shows original image width and height
- shows displayed (visible) image width and height
- shows image file size (not supported for Data URIs)
- inserts option in Chrome's image context menu
How to use
To use the extension you just need to right lick on an image and click on the "Image Size Info" menu item. Extension will open in-page popup with
the image information.
To close the image info dialog box you can either click on the "Close" button or press escape key on the keyboard.
How to show info for local files
If you wish for extension to work on "file:///" URLs you will need to allow extension access by checking "Allow access to file URLs" in the Extension Manager.
This is not necessary for normal http:// URLs.
- Requires at least Chrome v18.
- Extension can work only when you right click directly on the image, for example some sliders will have arrow elements above image and you will not be able to click directly on the image. I know that doesn't mean much to someone who is not a web developer, but it's a technical limitation of HTML and browsers. Chrome determines when will my extension be shown, it's not up to me, I just show the info.
- Some information like image file size and date are returned from the server, this information depends on the server setup and can sometimes be wrong, which is especially true for the date field.